This is a great side dish, especially for those who are skeptical about brussels sprouts. You shred the sprouts, add in dried cranberries and walnuts, mix it with a honey mustard dressing, and top it all with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Easy, tasty, and healthy!
Start by trimming the tough ends off of the brussels sprouds, then running them through the food proccessor with a slicing blade set to thin. Additionally, you could use a mandoline or shred them by hand.
Toss with dried cranberries, walnuts, and Parmesan.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, garlic, and salt.
You can stop here, and it will keep for a few hours covered in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to eat, add the dressing to the slaw and toss.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts or other nut
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Honey mustard dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Trim off tough ends and any wilted leaves of Brussels sprouts, then run through a food processor with the slicing blade on thin. You can also use a mandoline or slice very thinly with a chef’s knife.
- Toss with cranberries, nuts, and Parmesan cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic, and salt.
- When ready to serve, toss together slaw and dressing.