Points to remember
- Pull off the coral-coloured roe and discard if you like.
- Remove the muscle that attaches the scallop to the shell.
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of oil until hot.
- Season your scallops and arrange them in the pan.
- Cook for about 1 minute then turn and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add a squeeze of lemon and serve.
HOW TO COOK SCALLOPS
Arrange in the pan like points on a clock face so you can turn them in the right order.
HOW TO PREPARE SCALLOPS
If you're removing scallops from the shell, take a look at our 'how to prepare scallops' video.