In trying to get in shape, one of my biggest problems is coming up with side dishes that are easy, tasty, and healthy. My go-to side is just salad, but that gets old after a few days in a row. I’m slowly coming up with a few side dishes that I turn to that I’ll cook over and over again and not get sick of. One of those is this chili garlic broccoli, and another is this roasted tomato dish. A little olive oil and some spices followed by a an hour in the oven make these roasted tomatoes both simple and delicious. Add a little feta cheese at the end, and yum!
Start by cutting the tomatoes in half, then toss them with a little olive oil, fresh herbs (or dried, if you don’t have fresh), and some salt and pepper.
Place them cut side down on a baking sheet with a silpat, and roast them at 375°F for 1 hour, or until they’re wrinkled and soft.
Top with feta cheese and enjoy!
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons each chopped fresh thyme and rosemary, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅔ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Slice tomatoes in half, removing stem if desired. Toss with olive oil, then sprinkle with spices, salt, and pepper.
- Place cut side down on a baking sheet, and bake for an hour, or until wrinkled and soft.
- Remove from oven, and turn cut side up, and place feta cheese on top.