Today’s post is going to be quick and easy. I’m working my way through a list of gifts to can and give to friends for Christmas, and this is one of the easiest. You take a bunch of ingredients, run them through a food processor, then put ’em in jars and water bath can them quick. So. here we go:
Get a bunch of your favorite salsa ingredients and chop them. I use roma tomatoes, garlic, jalapenos (half roasted), a bell pepper, some onion, dried ancho chiles (though california or other dried chiles work too), a little olive oil, lime juice, and some chili powder for extra heat.
Mix them together in a bowl.
Eat with chips!
- 6 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 seeded and minced jalapenos plus 2 roasted, skinned and chopped jalapenos
- 1 red bell pepper fine dice
- 1/2 red onion fine chopped
- 2 dry ancho chiles seeded, cut into short strips and snipped into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime juiced
- Chili powder salt, and pepper, to taste
- Fresh scallions cilantro or parsley, to taste
In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in refrigerator for up to 12 hours for flavor infusion.
Serve with tortilla chips.
To can, process in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes.